What is bellydance?
Bellydance is a dance with a uncertain origin, but no doubt is an ancient one. This dance, also known as Raqs Sharqi, is characterized by a contrast between soft and sinuous movements, like camels and figure eights with quick and energetic movements (i.e. hip hits & chest hits). We could speak about it and enjoy doing it for so long, but dance is only learnt dancing, this is one of the key principles of Zahida in her classes.
Bellydance has lots of benefits in common with any moderate physic activity, among others:
- Many more smiles in your mouth will appear.
- You will enjoy with your body and will learn to move it efficiently.
- Dance will provide you elegance that you will note also in the way you walk.
- It will improve your coordination, muscle tone and flexibility.
- You will have a better corporal consciousness.
- You will improve your general knowledge and your ear for music.
what to expect from a lesson?
As a general estructure in a class, besides you will be in a very good environment, and be aimed to be yourself and enjoy dance. In Zahida´s bellydance classes you will find this:
- Improvement of posture and pilates based warming up.
- Technique focused exercises. Travelling and movements in bellydance.
- Movement, steps and choreographic sequences repertoire fitted to the level.
- Body language.
- Different music styles interpretation (improvisations, arabic pop, bellydance classics, percussion, etc.).
- Choreograph works level adequate aiming to show them at the end of course shows (voluntary participation).
- Props training from medium level (veil, candles, isis wings, canes, silk fans, etc).
- Streching and relax.
what to wear?
Basically you will need three things:
- Your body. Please, don´t leave it at home!
- A scarf. Big enough to tie around your hips (optional). No matter if it comes with coins or not.
- Nimble feet or a pair of socks. Up to you!